Wage: £22,672 p/annum
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week), permanent. Flexible hours – at least three days per week office-based, with scope for home / flexible working outside of this. Occasional work required at weekends and evenings, incorporated within weekly full time hours.
Based at: Future Yard, 75 Argyle Street, Birkenhead, CH41 6AB
Closing date: 13th March 2023 (5pm)
Interviews: 21st and 22nd March
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, creative individual into a new Marketing Officer – Projects role, to help us promote the wide range of projects, courses and non-live music events at our venue on Argyle Street, Birkenhead.
Future Yard are looking for an individual with a passion for live music and a flair for communication to join a small but expanding marketing team. The successful individual will work alongside the Marketing Director and a Marketing Officer – Live to communicate every aspect of Future Yard’s output.
This is a unique opportunity to join the team at one of the UK’s most exciting new music venues. With a bar, coffee shop, live venue, vegetarian kitchen and garden open seven days a week, we have played host to artists such as Gruff Rhys, OMD, Black Country New Road, Nubiyan Twist, Shame, Melt Yourself Down, Bodega and many more in our Live Room. Future Yard is a community music venue, running a range of training programmes and events that serve the local community, from toddlers through to seasoned gig goers. We pride ourselves on providing opportunities to access music to a diverse range of people, with particular focus on our immediate community in Birkenhead.
We are looking to add a new Marketing Officer role to our team, to work alongside the existing marketing team to focus on communicating the range of programmes, courses and non-live events to our growing community.
As a busy live music venue and community hub, Future Yard has a wide range of activities targeted to different audiences. We support all pathways into live music, through live music industry training programmes for young people and a comprehensive artist development programme for emerging live musicians. We also believe that live music venues have, for too long, been off-limits to young children and teenagers, which is where our programme of Mosh Tots and New Noise shows offer alternatives for all age ranges.
The varied live events programme at Future Yard is often the thing that generates the most attention, due to the high profile nature of the artists booked to play on our stage. But Future Yard is more than just a music venue – music has the power to make people change the way they think about themselves and their community, and we’re committed to Future Yard being part of that drive for change in Birkenhead. Every time we open our doors is an opportunity to change someone’s life – whether that’s through playing music with peers, developing the skills needed to build a career, enjoying a live music experience with friends and family, or simply feeling part of a supportive network of people passionate about music.
This presents a multifaceted and compelling offer, which requires dedicated streams of messaging and promotion to make sure that the people who need to be aware of these opportunities can find them. Developing this – in conjunction with our network of key community partners – is key to this role, and to the success of Future Yard as a true community music venue.
You will receive training to bring you up to speed on existing projects, and will be offered the opportunity for further training related to specific aspects of your role.
Our Marketing Officer – Projects will:
- Manage the promotion of flagship projects (Sound Check, Mosh Tots, PROPELLER, New Noise Music Centre) through core Future Yard channels
- Manage the promotion of Future Yard’s studios and artist-focused content through core Future Yard channels
- Manage the promotion of Future Yard’s bars, kitchen, weddings and hires offer through core Future Yard channels
- Manage the promotion of non-live special events (e.g. CRATE Banquet, Wax + Gears) through core Future Yard channels
- Manage the promotion of Future Yard’s community Neighbourhood Programme through core Future Yard channels
- Manage and develop marketing campaigns
- Conduct promotional activities
- Oversee campaigns on social media
- Create promotional assets from templates, where necessary
- Work with external partner organisations to disseminate these messages to new audiences
- Profile and locate new audiences for the above mentioned projects
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are searching for a marketing officer with a knack for communicating and a flair for strategising and implementing marketing campaigns. Marketing officers are required to contribute to existing marketing, branding and advertising plans, while assisting with the development of fresh initiatives in line with the company’s goals.
We are not necessarily looking for someone with years of marketing experience already under their belt – though if you do, that would be desirable. We are primarily keen to work with someone who is passionate about what we do, who is driven to deliver excellence in what they do, is keen to develop their skills and has a solid foundation in marketing principles alongside the grounding of some relevant experience.
We are particularly interested in people who are passionate, flexible and willing to learn. You must be an organised person who is able to withstand the pressures of handling varied tasks at the same time and meeting deadlines.
As a member of the Future Yard family you will benefit from a range of bonuses, including: free entry to selected Future Yard shows, staff yoga and mindfulness opportunities, training and social events, our cycle to work scheme, paid training, ongoing development opportunities and a range of staff discounts.
Future Yard is a non-profit, Community Interest Company. We have been established to utilise the power of music to bring about meaningful change in Birkenhead, running a range of training, artist development and community programmes alongside our brilliant live music schedule. We are keen to work with people who share our vision of a dynamic community music venue and are driven to deliver excellence, every time we open our doors.
You will be at the heart of a small, passionate team working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, who can manage and prioritise their workload independently, while communicating clearly and effectively with their team, colleagues and audiences.
We are looking for an individual who shares Future Yard’s values and has:
- A passion for live music
- A flair for writing warm, engaging copy
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to brilliantly articulate and present Future Yard’s vision
- Proven work experience in marketing, or a knowledge of marketing/communication (or related) basics, from training or education
- Thorough knowledge of social media, email marketing and web analytics
- Experience of working with Adobe Creative Suite (ideal but not essential)
- Solid knowledge of market research techniques
- Great team working skills, flexibility and an appetite to continually develop
- You will be a well organised, disciplined self-starter
- You may have a clean driving licence and access to a car, though this is not essential
Full Roles and Responsibilities – DOWNLOAD
If your application is successful, you will be invited for a first stage interview. First stage interviews will take place between 21st and 22nd March.
Applications must be made via the application form linked below, with an opportunity to upload a CV and personal statement detailing how you are the perfect fit for the role.